Lye, Worcestershire Family History Guide

Last Updated on January 22, 2019Lye, an ecclesiastical district, in the parish of Old Swinford formed in 1843 from a chapelry in Kingswinford St Mary, Staffordshire. Status: Ecclesiastical Parish Parish church: Christ Church Parish registers begin: Parish registers: 1839 Bishop’s Transcripts: None Nonconformists include: Independents, Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, Unitarians Baptists, and Church of Jesus Christ …

Aymestrey Kellys Herefordshire Directory 1863

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Aymestrey is a parish, comprising the townships of Aymestrey, Covenhope, Leinthall Earles, Lye, and Yatton; the village is distant 7½ miles north-west from Leominster (its post, railway, poor-law union, market and polling town), 2½ from Wigmore (at which place petty sessions are held), and 18 from Hereford (the county town), …