Chesters East and West Northumberland Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Last Updated on October 13, 2018Chesters (East and West), two localities in Haltwhistle parish, Northumberland; near the Roman wall, the South Tyne river, and the Newcastle and Carlisle railway, in the vicinity of Haltwhistle. They were the Roman Viudolana and Aesica. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. …