Edlingham, Northumberland Family History Guide

Edlingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northumberland. Other places in the parish include: Lemmington Mills, Lemmington with Battle Bridge and Lemmington Mills, Lemmington, Learchild, Broome Park, Broom Park, Bolton, Battle Bridge, Abbewick, and Abberwick. Alternative names: Eddingham Status: Ancient Parish Parish church: St. John the Baptist Parish …

Abberwick The National Gazetteer 1868

Abberwick, a tnshp. in the par. of Edlingham and north div. of Coquetdale ward, union of Alnwick, in the co. of Northumberland, 3 miles W. of Alnwick. It is situated on the river Alne. Source: The National Gazetteer: a Topographical Dictionary of the British Islands compiled from the latest and best …

Abberwick Northumberland Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845

Abberwick, a township, in the parish of Edlingham, union of Alnwick, N division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 4 miles (W.) from Alnwick; containing 170 inhabitants. It includes the north-eastern part of the parish, adjoining Alnwick moor; and near it runs the river Aln, which is here joined by …

Abberwick Northumberland The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840

Abberwick, a township in the parish of Edlingham, northern division of Coquetdale ward, Northumberland; 4 miles north-west of Alnwick. Pop., in 1801, 99; in 1831, 135. Houses 26. Poor rates, in 1837, £45. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.

Abberwick A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833

Abberwick, co. Northumherland. P. T. Alnwick (311). Pop. 125. A township in the parish of Edlingham, North Coquetdale Ward. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.

Abberwick Northumberland Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Abberwick, a township in Edlingham parish, Northumberland; on the river Alne, 3½ miles W of Alnwick. Acres, 1,673. Pop, 133. Houses, 26. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].