Claines Worcestershire Family History Guide

Last Updated on April 1, 2019Claines is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire, formerly a chapelry to St. Helen’s, Worcester, being divided into several tythings, including the ancient manor of Northwick, but in 1218 it became a separate parish. Other places in the parish include: Fernhill Heath, Bevere, Northwick, Astwood, Tolladine, Perdiswell, North …

Claines Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Claines, 3 miles from Worcester, containing 314 houses, and 1463 inhabitants. It formerly was only a chapelry to St. Helens, Worcester, but is now a distinct curacy. DIRECTORY Bennett Benj., farmer Boughton Joseph, farmer Brooke Henry, esq. Brooke John, farmer Carden Mr. gent. Carey William, esq. Clark John, farmer Cottrill John, esq. Courtail Charles, esq. …

Claines 1855 (with the Hamlets of Northwick, Fernhill Heath and Perdiswell)

Claines, with the above hamlets, is a very extensive parish, part of it being included in the city of Worcester, but for the purpose of more easy reference we have inserted that portion of it in our Worcester “Directory,” our object being to make every place as separate and distinct as possible. Claines contained, according …

Claines Worcestershire Littlebury’s Directory 1879

Claines, with Fearnall Heath, Bevere, Northwick, Astwood, Tolladine, &c. Claines is a village about 2 ½ miles, N. of Worcester, but the parish is very extensive, its southern portion including the northern suburbs of the city, with the district churches of St. George and St. Stephen at Barbourne, the newly-formed Tything district church (St. Mary …

Claines North with Fernhill Heath Bevere Northwick Astwood Tolladine Littleburys Directory 1905

CLAINES (NORTH), WITH FERNHILL HEATH, BEVERE, NORTHWICK, ASTWOOD, TOLLADINE, &c. The greater portion of the ancient Parish of Claines is now designated “South Claines,” and is comprised within the limits of the City of Worcester. The Names of the Residents are given under Worcester. DISTANCE TO CLAINES CHURCH – 2 miles N. of Worcester. POPULATION …