Bilston St Luke Staffordshire Family History Guide

Last Updated on May 18, 2019Bilston St Luke Bilston St Luke is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1845 from Bilston St Leonard Parish. The church was erected in 1852, was closed in 1969 and demolished in 1973. Parish church: St Luke Parish registers begin: 1849 (Deposited at Staffordshire Record Office) …

Bilston St Leonard Staffordshire Family History Guide

Last Updated on May 18, 2019Alternative names: Bilston, Bilston Ecclesiastical Parish Parish church: St Leonard Parish registers begin: 1684 Nonconformists include: Baptist, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Independent/Congregational, Methodist New Connexion, Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, Welsh Calvinistic Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist. Christian worship in Bilston can be traced back to the original chapel …

Bilston St Mary Staffordshire Family History Guide

Last Updated on May 18, 2019Bilston St Mary is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1848 from Wolverhampton St Peter Ancient Parish. Parish church: St Mary Parish registers begin: 1848 Adjacent Parishes Coseley Bilston Bilston St Leonard Moxley Bilston St Luke Historical Descriptions See Bilston Staffordshire Family History Guide Parish Records …

Bilston Staffordshire Family History Guide

Last Updated on May 18, 2019Bilston was first referred to in AD 985 as Bilsatena when Wolverhampton was granted to Wulfrun then in 996 as Bilsetnatun in the grant charter of St. Mary’s Church (now St. Peter’s Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton). It is later mentioned in the Domesday Book as a village called Billestune, being a …

Bilston & Neighbourhood, Staffordshire – Commercial Directory 1818

Last Updated on February 10, 2019Bilston, a large and populous village, in the parish of Wolverhampton, (but a distinct township for all parochial purposes,) from which it is distant about three miles, ten from Birmingham, and 121 from London. It is about one and a half miles long, contains two thousand houses, and eleven thousand …