Billingsley, Shropshire Family History Guide

Billingsley is a parish about six miles south of Bridgnorth, in the diocese of Hereford, archdeaconry of Ludlow, and rural deanery and hundred of Stottesdon. Its area is 1,302 acres; and its population, which in 1826 was 176, at the census of 1891 had dwindled to 121. In 1676 there were 70 “Conformists” above the …

Poll Book 1865, Billingsley Shropshire

Last Updated on October 11, 2018Below are the names of those that voted in the election of July 1865 between Col. The Hon. P. E. Herbert, Sir Baldwin Leighton, Bart., and R. Jasper More, Esq. Poll Book of the Election, July 1865 for the Southern Division of Shropshire. Bridgnorth Polling District Billingsley, Parish of 472 …

Billingsley Cassey Shropshire Directory 1871

Last Updated on November 19, 2018Billingsley is a village and parish, six miles south from Bridgnorth, in the Southern division of the county, Stottesden hundred, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford, situated on the Bridgnorth and Cleobury Mortimer turnpike road.  The church of St. Mary was founded and endowed by Herbert de Castello, lord of …