Bewdley Worcestershire Family History Guide

Last Updated on May 25, 2019Bewdley, originally an extra-parochial place, was annexed, during the reign of Henry VI (1422-1461), to Ribbesford Ancient Parish. It became a separate Ecclesiastical Parish in 1853 and a separate Civil Parish in 1866. In 1940 it was abolished ecclesiastically to create Ribbesford with Bewdley Ecclesiastical Parish. …

Bewdley Bennetts Business Directory 1899

Allcock T, 92 Welshgate. Grocer & provision dealer, corn, meal & flour dealer, and ham and bacon curer. Hams and bacons of the finest quality Anchor Inn, Welch gate – T Meadows Anderson J, grocer, 54 Load st Angel Hotel, Load street – J Smith, proprietor. Large room will seat …

Bewdley, Wribbenhall and Neighbours Pigots Directory 1842

Bewdley is a market town, borough, both corporate and parliamentary, and chapelry, in the parish of Ribbesford, in the lower division of the hundred of Doddingtree, 129 miles N.W. from London, 14 N.W. from Worcester, 20 E. from Ludlow, and 21 S.W. from Birmingham; delightfully seated on the western bank …

Bewdley Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820

Bewdley, a borough and Market town, in the parish of Ribbesford, situated an the river Severn, 3 miles from Kidderminster, and 132 from London. In 1811 it contained 787 houses and 3671 inhabitants, of whom 939 were returned as employed in trade and manufacture. The new chapel which is a …

Bewdley Universal British Directory 1791

Tradition tell us that the town of Beaulieu was originally seated on the side of Wyre-hill, within the jurisdiction of the marches of Wales; but by the stat. 34 & 35 Henry 8th, ch. 26. “the town of Bewdley, in the parish of Ribbesford, in com. Wigorn, is made parcel …