Ashperton, Herefordshire Family History Guide

Ashperton is a chapelry of Stretton Grandison Ancient Parish in Herefordshire. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1538 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Ashperton Yarkhill Stretton Grandison Canon Frome Putley Stoke Edith Woolhope Pixley Munsley Historical Descriptions Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850 Ashperton, 7 miles N.W. Ledbury. P. 604 Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England …

Ashperton Kellys Herefordshire Directory 1863

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Ashperton, 6 miles north-west from Ledbury, on the Hereford and Worcester railway, is a parish, in Radlow hundred, Ledbury union, rural deanery of South Frome, and Hereford archdeaconry and bishopric. The church of St. Bartholomew Is an old building of stone, having a porch and square castellated tower containing 4 bells. The date of the earliest …

Ashperton Cassey Directory of Herefordshire 1858

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Ashperton, 6 miles north-west from Ledbury, on the Hereford and Gloucester canal, is a parish in Radlow Hundred, Ledbury Union, and Hereford archdeaconry and bishopric.  The living is attached to Stretton Grandison, of which John Graves is vicar.  The church is an old building of stone, having a porch and …

Ashperton Kelly’s Herefordshire and Shropshire Directory 1941

Last Updated on October 10, 2018Ashperton is a village and parish, on the road from Ledbury to Leominster, bounded on the north-west by the river Frome, with a station 1 mile distant on the Hereford and Worcester section of the Great Western railway, 6 miles north-west from Ledbury, in the Leominster division of the county, …