Alnwick, Northumberland Family History Guide

Alnwick is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Northumberland. Parish church: St. Mary and St. Michael Parish registers begin: Parish registers: 1645 Bishop’s Transcripts: 1777 Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 ALNWICK, a town, a castle, two townships, a parish, a …

Alnwick in Northumberland Bailey’s Northern Directory 1781

Camble James, linen and woollen draper Cunningham David, grocer and brandy merchant Dorset Francis and Co. cast iron founders, Bedlington furnace Elder Ralph, grocer and brandy merchant Forster Matthew, woollen draper and mercer Hardy Thomas, linen and woollen draper

Abbey Lands Northumberland Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845

Abbey-Lands, a township, in the parish and union of Alnwick, E division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland; containing 295 inhabitants. Heckley House belongs to Josh. Hewitson, Esq. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, …

Alnwick Northumberland Principal Inhabitants Universal British Directory 1791

The principal inhabitants are as follow: Gentlemen Alder Robert, Esq. Burrell James, Esq. Charleton Wm. Esq. Justice of Peace Carr Richard, Esq. Davison Nicholas, Esq. Farquhar George, Esq. Forster Thomas, Esq. Gallon Edward, Esq. Justice of Peace Pearson Mr. Jacob Selby George, Esq.