Alnmouth, Northumberland Family History Guide

Alternative names: Alemouth Status: Chapelry succeeded by Alnmouth Ecclesiastical Parish after 1877 Church: St John Registers begin: Parish registers: 1877; see also Lesbury Bishop’s Transcripts: None Historical Descriptions The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 ALNMOUTH, or Alemouth, a seaport village, and a township-chapelry in Lesbury parish, Northumberland. The village stands on …

Alemouth Northumberland Universal British Directory 1791

Alemouth is a small sea-port town, in the county of Northumberland, situate at the mouth of the river Alne, 5 miles East from Alnwick, and 6 miles North from Warkworth. It has no market or fair; notwithstanding large quantities of corn are annually shipped from hence.  This was one of …