Aldsworth Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Last Updated on June 30, 2019Aldsworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Parish church: various dedications given in gazetteers and directories – St. Peter (1845), St. Mary (1863), St Bartholomew (current) Parish registers begin: 1683 Parishes adjacent to Aldsworth Coln St Aldwyn Great Barrington Quenington Eastleach Turville Windrush Bibury Sherborne Eastington Farmington …

Aldsworth Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Aldsworth is a township, parish and small village, 4 miles south-east from Northleach, 10 ½ north-north-east from Cirencester station, and 6 ½ west from Burford, in Brightwell Barrow Hundred, Northleach Union, Bristol archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol bishopric. The church of St. Mary is a small stone building in various styles of architecture, has spire, …

Aldsworth Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863

Aldsworth is a parish and small village, 4 miles south-east from Northleach, 10½ north-north-east from Cirencester station, and 6½ west from Burford, in Brightwells Barrow hundred, Northleach union and county court district, rural deanery of Fairford, Bristol archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol bishopric. The church of St. Mary is a small stone building in various …

Aldsworth Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876

Aldsworth is a parish in Northleach union, containing, by the census of 1861, 430, and in 1871, 395 inhabitants, and 3207 acres; in the deanery of Fairford, archdeaconry of Bristol, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of Brightwells Barrow, East Gloucestershire; 4 miles south-east from Northleach, 6 west from Burford (Oxfordshire), and 11 north-east from …