Alderton Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Last Updated on May 17, 2019Alderton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Other places in the parish include: Dixton. Parish church: St. Margaret Parish registers begin: 1596 Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist School: mixed village school supported by voluntary subscriptions together with the weekly payments of the children. …

Alderton Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Alderton is a township, village, and parish, 7 miles east from Tewkesbury, 5 east from Ashchurch station, on the Bristol and Birmingham railway, 8 north-east from Cheltenham, and 4 north-west from Winchcomb, in the upper division of the hundred of Tewkesbury, Union of Winchcomb, East Gloucestershire, archdeaconry of Gloucester, and …

Alderton Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863

Alderton is a village and parish, 7 miles east from Tewkesbury, 5 east from Ashchurch station on the Bristol and Birmingham railway, 8 north-east from Cheltenham, and 4 north-west from Winchcomb, in the upper division of the hundred of Tewkesbury, union and county court district of Winchcomb, East Gloucestershire, rural …

Alderton Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876

Alderton is a village and parish in Winchcomb union, containing, by the census of 1861, 487, and in 1871, 474 inhabitants, with 1560 acres of land; in the deanery of Campden, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester of Bristol, hundred of Tewkesbury, East Gloucestershire, 1 ½ mile south-east from Beckford …