Abson and Wick Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Last Updated on June 22, 2019Abson and Wick is a parish in Gloucestershire. Alternative names: Abson-cum-Wick, Wick and Abson. Other places in the parish include: Holybrook, Bridgegate or Bridge Yate. Parish church: Abson, St. James; Wick, St. Bartholomew (consecrated 1850). Parish registers begin: 1687 Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist. Parishes adjacent to Abson and …

Abson and Wick Morris Gloucestershire Directory 1876

Abson and Wick are two villages, forming a parish in Chipping Sodbury union, containing, by the census of 1861, 833, and in 1871, 838 inhabitants, and 2315 acres, in the deanery of Hawkesbury, archdeaconry of Bristol, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of Pucklechurch, West Gloucestershire; 3 miles south-east from Mangotsfield Station on the Bristol …

Abston Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1856

Abston, with Wick, forms a township, parish and village, 4 miles east from Keynsham railway station, 7 east from Bristol, 7 north-east from Bath, 6 south-west from Chipping Sodbury, 3 south-east from Mangotsfield railway station, and 113 from London, in Pucklechurch Hundred, Chipping Sodbury Union, West Gloucestershire, Bristol archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol bishopric. It …

Abson and Wick Kellys Gloucestershire Directory 1863

Abson-cum-Wick is a parish and village, 4 miles east from Keynsham railway station, 7 east from Bristol, 7 north-east from Bath, 7 south-west from Chipping Sodbury, 3 south-east from Mangotsfield railway station, and 113 from London, in Pucklechurch hundred, Chipping Sodbury union and county court district, West Gloucestershire, rural deanery of Hawkesbury, Bristol archdeaconry, and …