Stretton Grandison is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire. Ashperton is a chapelry of Stretton Grandison.
Parish registers begin: 1558
Hopton Capt. Guy William, The Homend.
Hopton Lady C., The Homend.
Bedford Jas., farmer, etc., Whitwick Manor farm.
Betteridge Harry, farmer, etc., Stretton court.
Bowkett Jas., carrier, Stretton bank.
Brewer Thos., farmer, The Hutt (Much Cowarne).
Deem Geo., blksmith, Stretton bank.
Davies Alb., coachman, The Coppy.
Lewis Geo. Fredk., farmer, New ho.
Osborne John Prendergast, School house.
Pitt Stephen, farmer, Townsend.
Taylor Thos. Geo., wheelwright and pump maker.
Peart Miss May, Stretton Post office.
Randle Rev. C. C. W., vicar of Stretton Grandison & Ashperton.
(Dent Percy, assist. overseer; res., Watery lane, Yarkhill).
Source: The Hereford Journal Directory 1914. Second Issue. Hereford: The Herefordshire Press & Printing Co., Ltd., Offa House.