Sellack is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire. King’s Caple is a chapelry of Sellack.
Parish registers begin: 1566
Sellack, a parish, with a village, in Ross district, Hereford; on the river Wye, 2 miles SW of Fawley r. station, and 3 ½ NW by N of Ross. Post-town, Ross. Acres, 1,540. Rated property, £2,879. Pop., 345. Houses, 79. The living is a vicarage, united with Kings-Caple, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £420. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of H. The church is good, and has a tower and spire. There are a parochial school, and charities £23.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].