Leinthall Starkes is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1783 from a chapelry in Aymestrey Ancient Parish.
Parish church: St Mary Magdalene Parish registers begin: 1740
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Leinthall-Starkes, a parish, with a village, in the district of Ludlow and county of Hereford; 5 miles WNW of Woofferton-Junction r. station, and 6 SW by W of Ludlow. Post town, Wigmore, under Kingsland, Herefordshire. Acres, 990. Real property, with Leinthall-Earls, and Elton, £3,791. Rated property of Leinthall-Starkes. alone, £1,017. Pop., 144. Houses, 29. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £53. Patron, A. R. B. Knight, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a belfry. There are an endowed school, with £14 a year, and other charities £4. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leinthall-Starkes, a parish in the hundred of Wigmore, county of Hereford, 6 miles (S. W. by W.) from Ludlow, containing 131 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £1000 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831