Leinthall Earles is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire, created in 1756 from a chapelry in Aymestrey Parish.
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin: 1766
Leinthall-Earls, a chapelry in Aymestrey parish, Hereford; 4¼ miles NW of Berrington and Eye r. station, and 6 SW of Ludlow. Post town, Wiginore, under Kingsland, Herefordshire. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £64. Patron, the Vicar of Aymestrey. The church is small; and there is a slightly endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
LEINTHALL (EARLS), a chapelry in that part of the parish of Aymestrey which is in the hundred of Wigmore, county of Hereford, 7 miles (S. W.) from Ludlow. The population is returned with the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Aymestrey. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. A charity school here is endowed with about £9 a year, and a house and garden for the master. There is also an almshouse.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Leinthall Earls is a chapelry, in the parish of Aymestrey, 2 miles north-east from the latter place, 7 north-west from Leominster (its post, poor-law Union, railway station, market and polling town), and 20 from Hereford, (the county town), in the Leominster division of Wigmore hundred, Leominster Union, Northern division of Hereford, Hereford deanery, archdeaconry, and bishopric; it is situated about 1 ½ miles from the Watling Street turnpike road. The chapel of St. Andrew is an ancient low stone building. The living is united with that of Aymestrey, worth £50 yearly, in the gift of the vicar of Aymestrey, who is the incumbent. The Rev. William Hopwood, B.A., is curate. The population is included with Aymestrey. The soil is gravelly and loamy; the subsoil is limestone. Sir Thomas Hastings and Thomas Dunn, Esq., are chief landowners. The chief crops are wheat and barley. It is a township for highway, but not for poor law, purposes.
Letters through Leominster, which is the nearest money order office.
Cane Thomas, farmer
Hughes William, farmer
Jones John, farmer
Radnor William, farmer
Taylor William, farmer
Winnall William, farmer, Gatley park
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.