Hentland is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
The parish contains the village of Hoarwithy, and the hamlets of Altbach, Kynastone, Treaddow, and Tressick.
Parish registers begin: 1558
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Hentland, a parish in Ross district, Hereford; on the river Wye, 3½ miles WSW of Fawley r. station, and 4 NW of Ross. It contains the village of Hoarwithy, and the hamlets of Altbach, Kynastone, Treaddow, and Tressick. Post town, Ross. Acres, 2, 905. Real property, £5, 500. Pop., 647. Houses, 141. The property is much subdivided. Kynastone House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage, united with the chapelry of Hoarwithy, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £310. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is late decorated English, with an embattled tower; and is in a decent state of repair. There are a chapel of ease at Hoarwithy, and a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Hentland, a parish in the lower division of Wormelow hund., union of Ross, county of Hereford; 4 miles west-north-west of Ross, west of the river Wye. Living, a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Lugwardine. Here are 2 small daily schools. Charities, in 1837, £1 5s. per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £308 6s. Acres 2,550. Houses 121. A. P. £4,187. Pop., in 1801, 443; in 1831, 618.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Hentland, 4m. N.W. Ross. P.612
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.