Bredenbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1607
Bredenbury, or Bridenbury, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 3 miles WNW of Bromyard, and 7 E by N of Dinmore (ex. par.) r. station. Post-town, Bromyard under Worcester. Acres, 545. Real property, £726. Pop., 52. Houses, 11. Bredenbury House is the chief residence; and there is an ancient camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £115. Patron, E. Higginson, Esq.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Bredenbury, 2 m. N.W. Bromyard. P. 46
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Bredenbury is a parish 3 ½ miles west from Bromyard, and 8 ½ east from Leominster, in Bromyard Union, Frome deanery, Hereford archdeaconry and bishopric; it is situated on the Bromyard and Leominster turnpike road. The church is an old stone building in the Gothic style, with square tower and two bells; it has a nave, aisle, chancel, porch, an old register, and chest. The living is a rectory, commuted at £68 yearly, with 15 acres of glebe and 30 acres of land purchased by Queen Anne’s Bounty. The population, in 1851, was 55, and the acreage is 570. The soil in some parts is a strong red clay, and some loamy. Edmund Higginson, Esq., is the chief landowner. The crops are hops, apples, wheat, beans, &c.
Letters are received through Bromyard, which is the nearest money order office.
Bevan Henry, farmer
Drew James, farmer, Wickton
Finney Charles, farmer, Bredenbury farm
Johnson Robert, Esq.
Smith William, farmer, Red hill
Spencer Thomas, farmer
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.: History, Topography, and Directory of Herefordshire. Printed by William Bailey, 107, Fishergate 1858.