Aylton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1748
Aylton, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 1 ¾ mile SE of Ashperton r. station, and 3 ½ W of Ledbury. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres, 825. Real property, £1,174. Pop, 89. Houses, 21. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £149. Patron, the Earl of Oxford. The church needs repair
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Aylton, a parish in the hund, of Radlow, union of Ledbury, county of Hereford; 4 miles west from Ledbury. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. and dio. of Hereford; rated at £3 3s. 4d., and in the parliamentary returns at £75; gross income £152. Patron, in 1835, the earl of Oxford. Pop., in 1801, 63; in 1831, 126. Houses 19. Acres 810. A. P. £1,316. Poor rates, in 1837, £39
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Aylton, 5 m. W. Ledbury. P. 69
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.