Todenham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Thomas à Becket
Parish registers begin: 1721
TODDENHAM, a parish, with a village, in the district of Shipston-on-Stour and county of Gloucester; 3¼ miles NE of Moreton r. station. Post town, Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 2,477. Real property, £3,616. Pop., 408. Houses, 90. The manor, with T. House, belongs to Sir P. Pole, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £470. Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is good, and has a tower and spire. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
TODDENHAM, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Westminster, county of Gloucester, 3¾ miles (N. E.) from Moreton in the Marsh, containing 440 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king’s books at £18. 19. 9½., and in the patronage of the Bishop of London. The church, dedicated to St. Thomas à Becket, is a handsome structure, with a tower and spire, and in the chancel are some canopied stone stalls. The old Fosse-way bounds the parish on the west. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Gloucestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., Vol IV. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900. Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews
Note. – The earliest existing Register of this parish commences in the year 1721. It is a parchment volume, bound in brown leather, and containing the entries of all kinds intermingled. The second volume is the ordinary official folio. The following extracts have been made by the Rev. Harvey Bloom, with the permission of the priest in charge, the Rev. Ll. Jones.Marriages at Todenham 1721 to 1812 - Archive.org