Taynton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Lawrence
Parish registers begin: 1538
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
TAYNTON (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Newent, hundred of Botloe, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 3½ miles (S.S.E.) from Newent; containing 634 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £9. 6. 8. ; net income, £321 ; patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church was rebuilt during the usurpation of Cromwell, by an ordinance passed in January 1647. William Guilding bequeathed the interest of £100 for apprenticing children.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.