Stratton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin: 1600
Stratton, a parish in the hund. of Crowthorne and Minety, union of Cirencester, county of Gloucester; 1¾ mile north-west by north of Cirencester. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £12 7s. 6d.; gross income £320. All tithes, moduses, &c, commuted in 1771. Patroness, in 1841, Jane Masters. Here are a daily and a Sunday school. There is a woollen-mill in this parish, employing 72 hands. Acres 1,320. Houses 97. A. P. £1,941. Pop., in 1801, 166; in 1831, 468. Poor rates, in 1838, £63 18s2).
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Stratton, 2½ m. N.W. Cirencester. P. 5461)
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Stratton, co. Gloucester.
P. T. Cirencester (89) 2 m. NW. Pop. 271.
A parish in the hundred of Crowthorne and Minety; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester; valued in K. B. 12l. 7s. 6d.; church ded. to St. Peter; patron (1829) Mrs. Masters. A bush called Crowthorne, in this parish, gives its name. The ancient Ermin Street passes here to the hundred.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. III; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.