Stanway is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1573
Stanway, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Tewksbury, union of Winchcombe, county of Gloucester; 3½ miles north-east by north of Winchcombe. Living, a discharged vicarage, formerly in the arehd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £9, returned at £71 17s.; gross income £220. Tithes commuted in 1810. Patroness, in 1841, Lady Elcho. Here are 3 daily schools. Charities, in 1829, £9 18s. per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £125 16s. Acres 3,390. Houses 78. A.P. £3,736. Pop., in 1801, 342; in 1831, 401
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Taddington, a hamlet in Stanway parish, Gloucester; 4 ¼ miles NE of Winchcomb.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Taddington, a hamlet, in the parish of Stanway, union of Winchcomb, Upper division of the hundred of Tewkesbury, E. division of the county of Gloucester; containing 65 inhabitants.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.