Sheepscombe is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1821 from Painswick Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Shepscombe, Shepscomb
Parish registers begin: 1821
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Shepscombe, a chapelry, with a village, in Painswick parish, Gloucester; 5 miles NE by N of Stroud r. station. It has a post-office under Stroud. Real property, £2,821; of which £12 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 633; in 1861, 510. Houses, 138. The property is divided among a few. S. House is the seat of P. Matthews, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £130. Patron, the Vicar of Painswick. The church is modern; and there is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shepscomb, a chapelry in the parish of Painswick, county of Gloucester; 3 miles east-north-east of Painswick. Living, a perpetual curacy in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; not in charge; gross income £45. Patron, the vicar of Painswick. Houses 161. Pop., in 1821, 725; in 1831, 803. Other returns with the parish.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.