Saintbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish church: St Nicholas
Parish registers begin: 1561
Saintbury (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Evesham, Upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, E division of the county of Gloucester, 2 ¼ miles (W) from Chipping-Campden; containing 133 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1336a. 22p.; the surface is diversified with hills; the soil in the lower grounds is a strong clay, and in the upper of lighter quality; in the valleys are some good meadows, and the remainder is productive arable land. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £19. 9. 4½.; net income, £415; patron, J. R. West, Esq. The church has undergone various alterations, but there is still a Norman door remaining. Castle Bank, an ancient camp in the parish, is ascribed to the Danes, and supposed to have been dependent upon a larger one upon the summit of the same hill, in the adjoining parish of Willersey. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Gloucestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., Vol IV. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900.
Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas MatthewsMarriages at Saintbury 1585 to 1812 - Archive.org