Rendcombe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish Church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin: 1566
Rendcombe, a parish, with a village, in Cirencester district, Gloucester; on the river Churn, 5 miles N of Cirencester r. station. Post-town, Cirencester. Acres, 2, 532. Real property, £3, 288. Pop., 246. Houses, 45. The manor, with R. Park and most of the land, belonged once to the Clares, passed to the Audleys, the Nevilles, and others; and belongs now to Sir Francis Goldsmid, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £373.* Patron, the Rev. J. Pitt. The church is later English and good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Rendcombe (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Cirencester, hundred of Rapsgate, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 5½ miles (N.) from Cirencester; containing 248 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £13. 6. 8., and in the gift of the incumbent, the Rev. Joseph Pitt: the tithes have been commuted for £440, and the glebe comprises 24 acres. Sir J. Wright Guise, Bart., has an elegant mansion and extensive park in the parish.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848