Rangeworthy is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1745 from chapelry in Thornbury Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1704
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
Rangeworthy, or Raingworthy, a chapelry and hamlet in Thornbury parish, county of Gloucester; 3 miles south-west of Wickwar. Living, a perpetual curacy, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; certified at £9; gross income £38. Patron, the vicar of Thorubury. Here is a daily school. Houses 72. Pop., in 1801, 230; in 1831, 331. Poor rates, in 1838, £52.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.