Randwick is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1733 from chapelry in Standish Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Oxlinch.
Parish registers begin: 1662
Nonconformists include: Countess of Huntingdon Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Calvinistic Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Randwick, a parish in the upper division of Whitston hund., union of Stroud, county of Gloucester; 2 miles north-west by west of Stroud. Living, a perpetual curacy, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; certified at £8 8s., returned at £90 8s.; gross income £128. Patron, the rector of Standish. Here are a Huntingdonian Methodist church, formed in 1796; and 2 daily schools, one of which, a National school, is endowed with £30 per annum. Other charities, in 1826, £14 15s. per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £238 14s. Acres 1,260. Houses 203. A. P. £1,616. Pop., in 1801, 856; in 1831, 1,031.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Randwick, 2 m. N.W. Stroud. P.979
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Randwick, co. Gloucester.
P.T. Stroud (101) 2 m. NW b W. Pop. 984.
A parish in the upper division of the hundred of Whitston, through which passes the Thames and Severn Canal. The manufacture of woollen cloth is carried on here. The living is a curacy subordinate to the vicarage of Standish, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester; certified value 8l. 8s.; ann. val. P. R. 90l. 8s.; patron, the rector of Standish. The church has been recently enlarged, by the aid of the Incorporated Society for building and enlarging churches. Here are an endowed school for the education of forty children and a small parochial library, and places of worship, both for Wesleyan and Calvinistic Methodists.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. III; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.