Quinton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Quinton was transferred from Gloucestershire to Warwickshire in 1935. It is generally now referred to as Lower Quinton.
Other places in the parish include: Admington, Upper Quinton, and Lower Quinton.
Parish church: St Swithin
Parish registers begin: 1547
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
QUINTON, a parish in the district of Shipston-on-Stour and county of Gloucester; under Meon hill, and adjacent to Warwickshire, 1 ¾ mile E. by S. of Long Marston r. station, and 5½ S by W of Stratford-on-Avon. It contains the village of Lower Q, and the hamlets of Upper Q. and Admington; and its post town is Long Marston, under Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 4, 800. Real property, £7, 239. Pop., 557. Houses, 134. The manor belongs to Magdalen college, Oxford. Q. House is the seat of J. Hyatt, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £70. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is a stone edifice with tower and spire. There are a national school, and charities £16. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Admington, or Adderminton, a hamlet in Quinton parish, Gloucester; 6 miles NE of Chipping-Campden. Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Admington, in Quinton par. P. 196. Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Admington, a hamlet, in the parish of Quinton, union of Shipston, Upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, E division of the county of Gloucester, 6 ¼ miles (NE by N) from Chipping-Campden; containing 197 inhabitants. Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Admington, or Adderminton, a hamlet in the parish of Queinton, Gloucestershire; 6 ¼ miles north-east from Chipping-Camden. Pop., in 1801, 147; in 1831. 177. Houses 39. Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of August 1834 between Christopher William Codrington, Esquire, and Charles Hanbury Tracy Leigh, Esquire.
Poll Book of the Election, August 1834 for the Eastern Division of the County of Gloucester.
Campden Polling District
Admington and Lark Stoke in Quinton Parish
|Eden, William||Admington||50/. renter||Admington|
|Holland, Corbett||Bricklehampton||rents of land||Admington|
|Hughes, Richard||Admington||50/. renter||ditto|