Prinknash Park

Photo of St. Peter's Grange, Prinknash by Penny Mayes, some rights reserved.

Prinknash Park Gloucestershire Family History

Prinknash Park is an extra-parochial place in the county of Gloucestershire.

Parishes adjacent to Prinknash Park

  • Cranham
  • Upton St Leonards

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

Prinknash Park, an extra-parochial tract, in the district and county of Gloucester; 2 miles N of Painswick. Acres, 300. Real property, £490. Pop., 17. House, 1. The house was the country seat of the abbots of Gloucester; gave entertainment to Henry VIII.; passed to the Bridgmans and the Howells; is now the seat of J. Ackers, Esq.; includes an ancient chapel; and was recently well-restored.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Prinknash-Park, 3½ m. S.E. Gloucester. P. no return

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Gloucester
  • Probate Court: Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
  • Diocese: Not Applicable
  • Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
  • Poor Law Union: Gloucester
  • Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
  • Province: Canterbury