Oxenton, Gloucestershire Family History
Oxenton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1678
Parishes adjacent to Oxenton
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Oxenton, 3 miles S.E. Tewkesbury. P. 139
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Marriages Out of Parish
Below is a list of people who were from Oxenton but who were married in another parish.
Bevil Blizzard, of Oxington, Gloucestershire, & Elizabeth Ainge, of S. L., lic 11 Oct. 1778 at South Littleton, Worcestershire.
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Tewkesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol, Pre 1836 - Gloucester
- Rural Deanery: Winchcombe
- Poor Law Union: Tewkesbury
- Hundred: Tewkesbury
- Province: Canterbury