Longborough is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Sezincote is a chapelry of Longborough
Parish registers begin: 1676
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Longborough with Bankfee, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Kiftsgate, union of Stow-on-the-Wold, county of Gloucester; 3 miles north by west of Stow-on-the-Wold. Living, a discharged vicarage with the rectory of Sezincote, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £5 15s.; gross income £235. Rectorial and vicarial tithes commuted in 1794. Patrons, in 1835, C. Leigh, Esq., and Sir C. Cockerell, Bart. Here is a day and Sunday school. Charities, in 1829, £4 10s. per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £283 8s. Acres 2.770. Houses 137. A. P. £4,075. Pop., in 1801, 473; in 1831, 619.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1848.
Bankfee See Longborough. 2 m. from Stow
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Below is a list of people who were from Longborough but who were married in another parish.
Daniel Taylor, of Longborough, co. Gloucester, & Ann Bishop, s. 11 Feb. 1766 at North & Middle Littleton, Worcestershire.