Lassington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1655
Lassington is a parish in Gloucester union, containing by the census of 1861, 73, and in 1871, 75 inhabitants, with 524 acres of land; in the deanery and archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of Dudstone and Kings Barton, East Gloucestershire, on the Gloucester and Hereford canal. 3 miles north-west from Gloucester. The rectory, in the incumbency of the Rev. Edwin Anthony Ely, B.A., is valued at £120 per annum, with residence, which has lately been erected by the present rector, and is in the patronage of Sir William Vernon Guise, Bart., who is also lord of the manor. The church, dedicated to St. Oswald, consists of nave and chancel, and has lately been rebuilt at an expense of £700. The nave is in the Norman style, and the chancel in the Early English style of architecture. Henry Medland, Esq., was the architect, and Messrs. Wingate, of Gloucester, the builders. The rateable value of this parish is £959.
Ely Rev. Edwin Anthony, B.A., The Rectory
Andrews James, farm bailiff to Mr. James Murrel, Maidenhall farm
Jakeman Robert, farmer, Lassington farm
Oakey Joseph, farmer, Astmans farm
Powell Richard, parish clerk
Letters through Highnam. Gloucester is the post town and nearest money order office.
Source: Morris & Co.’s commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.