Iron Acton, Gloucestershire Family History
Iron Acton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Latteridge, Angar Acton and Acton Ilgar.
Parish registers begin: 1570
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Iron Acton
- Coalpit Heath
- Frampton Cotterell
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Acton, Angar, a tything, in the parish of Iron-Acton, Lower division of the hundred of Grumbald’s-Ash, W. division of the county of Gloucester.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV
- County: Gloucestershire
- Civil Registration District: Chipping Sodbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Pre 1836 - Gloucester, Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Hawkesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chipping Sodbury
- Province: Canterbury