Ilmington is an Ancient Parish partly in Gloucestershire and partly in Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Lark Stoke.
Parish registers begin: 1588
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Ilmington with Compton Scorpion, 4 m. N.W. Shipston-on-Stour. P. 891.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Ilmington, co. Warwick.
P. T. Shipston-upon-Stour (83) 4½ m. NW b W. Pop. with Compton Scorpion, 722.
A parish in Kington division of the hundred of Kington, and separated from the rest of the division by a part of Worcestershire; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester; valued in K. B. 30l.; church ded. to St. Mary; patron (1829) the Rev. H. Townsend.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Larkstoke, a hamlet in Ilmington parish, Gloucester; 4 ½ miles NE of Chipping-Campden. Acres, 300. Real property, £875. Pop., 21. Houses, 3
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72]
Below is a list of people who were from Ilmington but who were married in another parish.
Henry Cotterell, of Shipston-sup.-Stower, & Anne Rose, of Ilmington, lic. 27 June 1665 at North & Middle Littleton, Worcestershire.
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of August 1834 between Christopher William Codrington, Esquire, and Charles Hanbury Tracy Leigh, Esquire.
Poll Book of the Election, August 1834 for the Eastern Division of the County of Gloucester.
Campden Polling District
Admington and Lark Stoke in Quinton Parish
|Eden, William||Admington||50/. renter||Admington|
|Holland, Corbett||Bricklehampton||rents of land||Admington|
|Hughes, Richard||Admington||50/. renter||ditto|
Lark Stoke is a hamlet of Ilmington, Warwickshire, but situated in this county, in Shipston-on-Stour union, containing, by the census of 1861, 21, and in 1871, 13 inhabitants, and 476 acres of land; in the upper division of Kiftsgate hundred, East Gloucestershire. A chapel was formerly in existence here, which is supposed to have been destroyed during the wars in former centuries; and in the Town field is an old font, which is believed to have belonged to it. C. H. Corbett, Esq., owns Upper Stoke, and P. H. Howard, Esq., Lower Stoke. The rateable value of this place is £695.
Hawarden Samuel, farmer
Wilson John Wilson, farmer, Lower Stoke
Letters from Shipston-on-Stour through Ilmington, which is also the nearest money order office.
Morris & Co.’s commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.