Highnam

Highnam, Gloucestershire Family History

Highnam is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1851 from Churcham Ancient Parish.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1851

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Highnam

  • Rudford
  • Tibberton
  • Lassington
  • Churcham
  • Minsterworth
  • Hartpury
  • Maisemore

Historical Descriptions

Higham, Over, and Linton Gloucestershire The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Higham, Over, and Linton, hamlets in Churcham parish, county of Gloucester. Here is a daily school. Acres 2,100. Houses 65. A P. £3,532. Pop., in 1801, 202; in 1831, 327. Poor rates, in 1838, £75 8s.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851

Highnam and Linton Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850

Highnam (Over) and Linton, 2 miles N.W. Gloucester. P. 337

Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Gloucester
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
  • Rural Deanery: Forest
  • Poor Law Union: Gloucester
  • Hundred: Dudstone and King’s Barton
  • Province: Canterbury