Haselton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Yanworth is a chapelry of Haselton.
Alternative names: Haselton with Yanworth, Hazleton, Hazeldon
Parish registers begin: 1597
Hazleton, a parish in the hund. of Bradley, union of North-Leach, county of Gloucester; 3½ miles north-west by north of North-Leach. It includes the chapelry of Yanworth. Living, a rectory with the curacy of Yanworth, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £19 5s. 5d.; gross income £395. Patron, the Lord-chancellor. There is a daily school here. Acres 2,530. Houses 52. A.P. £2,791. Pop., in 1801, 195; in 1831, 287. Poor rates, in 1838, £77 6s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Hazleton, 2½ miles N.W. Northleach. P. 286
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850