Gloucester St Catherine is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Kingsholm St Catherine, St Catherine Kingsholm, and Longford St Catherine.
Parish registers begin: 1687
Nonconformists include: Plymouth Brethren and Protestant Dissenters.
Longford (St. Catherine), 1½ m. Gloucester. P. 170
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Longford, a hamlet in the parish of St. Catherine, county of Gloucester. Acres 200. Houses 30. A. P., including Longford St. Mary’s, £2,652. Pop., in 1801, 84; in 1831, 160.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1848.
Kingsholme, co. Gloucester.
P. T. Gloucester (104) adjacent. Pop. with Pa.
A hamlet, partly in the parish of St. Catherine, and partly in the parish of St. Mary-de-Load and middle division of the hundred of Dudstone and King’s Barton.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.