Frampton Cotterell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Wick Wick.
Parish registers begin: 1561
Nonconformists include: Independent Methodist, Independent/Congregational, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Frampton-Cotterell, a village and a parish in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester. The village stands on the river Frome, 2 ½ miles WSW of Yate r. station, and 4 W by S of Chipping-Sodbury; and has a post-office order Bristol. The parish includes the tything of wick-wick. Acres, 2,120. Real property, £6,167; of which 51 are in quarries. Pop., 1,931. Houses, 418. The property is much subdivided. Hat-making and other manufactures are carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £520. Paton, the Rev. W. C. Fox. The church was rebuilt in 1859, at a cost of £4,931; is in the late perpendicular and debased styles; and consists of nave, chancel, and S aisle, with tower and vestry. A portion of the parish, with a pop. of 920, is in the chapelry of coalpit-heath There are three dissenting chapels, two public schools, and a private lunatic asylum.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72]