Falfield is a chapelry of Thornbury Ancient Parish in Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1814
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Falfield, a tything and a chapelry in Thornbury parish, Gloucester. The tything is conjoint with Moorton; and lies 2 miles NE by E of Thornbury, and 4 NW of Wickwar r. station. Real property, £2,159. Pop., 884. Houses, 189. The chapelry is less extensive than the tything. Post-town, Thornbury, under Bristol. Pop., 700. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £60. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church was built in 1860; is in the early English style; has very high pitched roofs; and is elaborately finished.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72]
Falfield-and-Moorton, a chapelry in the parish of Thornbury, county of Gloucester; 2 miles north-east by east of Thornbury. Pop., in 1801, 486; in 1821, 844. Other returns with the parish.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Falfield, co. Gloucester.
P.T. Thornbury (120) 4 m. NNE. Pop. with Moorton 844.
A tithing and chapelry in the parish of Thornbury and lower division of the hundred of Thornbury; living, a curacy subordinate to the vicarage of Thornbury, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, not in charge; patronage with Thornbury vicarage.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.