Doynton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire
Parish registers begin: 1566
Doynton, a parish in Langley and Swinehead hundred, upper division, union of Chipping-Sodbury, county of Gloucester; 5½ miles south of Chipping-Sodbury, on a branch of the Avon. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the archd. of Bristol and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £14 11s. 3d.; nett income £433. Tithes commuted in 1839; aggregate amount £340 6s. Patron, tbe Lord-chancellor. Here is a day and Sunday school endowed with £14 per annum. Other charities, £8 5s. per annum. Acres 1,720. Houses 81. A.P. £3,670. Pop., in 1801, 303; in 1831, 448. Poor rates, in 1837, £191.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Doynton, 3 miles N.W. Marshfield. P. 529
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850