Dodington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1575
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Dodington, a parish in the hund. of Grumbald’s-Ash, union of Chipping-Sodbury, county of Gloucester; 2½ miles south-east of Chipping-Sodbury, near the post-road from Bath to Farringdon. Living, a rectory, formerly in the archd. and dio. of Gloucester, now in the dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £5 6s. 5½d.; gross income £214. Patron, in 1835, Sir C. B. Codrington, Bart. Acres 1,670. Houses 14. A. P. £2,538. Pop., in 1801, 95; in 1831, 113. Poor rates, in 1837, £181.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851