Bristol St George is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1756 from part of Bristol St Philip and St Jacob Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Bristol St Mary Fishponds.
Parish church: St George
Parish registers begin: 1759; Separate registers exist for Bristol St Mary Fishponds: 1836
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist Association, and Wesleyan Methodist Reform. The following non-Church of England denominations were located somewhere in Bristol, but the exact parish has not been identified: Calvinistic Methodist, Christians, French Protestant, Jewish, Moravian/United Brethren, Presbyterian, Society of Friends/Quaker, Swedenborgian/New Jerusalem/New Church, and Unitarian.
George, St. co. Gloucester.
P. T. Bristol (114) 2m. E. Pop. 5334.
A parish in the hundred of Barton Regis; living, a vicarage in the archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Bristol; valued in K. B. 7l. 5s. 7½d.; patron; (1829) H. Llewellen, Esq. The church is a spacious and plain modern building, with a large square tower, seventy-two feet high. In the neighbourhood is a small dwelling-house, formerly a Roman Catholic chapel it is still called St. Anthony’s chapel.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.