Bledington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1703
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Bledington, or Bladington, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Slaughter, union of Stow-on-the-Wold, county of Gloucester; 4 miles south-east of Stow-on-the-Wold. Living, a discharged vicarage in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; rated at £6 13s. 4d., and in the parliamentary returns at £70; gross income £88; in the patronage of the dean and chapter of Christ church, Oxford. All tithes, the property of the dean and chapter of Christ church, Oxford, were commuted in 1769. There are a daily and a day and Sunday school here. Pop., in 1801, 282; in 1831, 335. Houses 71. Acres 1,110. A. P. £2,567. Poor rates, in 1837, £145.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Bledington, 4m, S.E. Stow. P. 354
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.