Blaisdon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire.
Parish Church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin: 1635
Bishops Transcripts: 1583
Blaisdon, a parish in Westbury-on-Severn district, Gloucester; on the Gloucester and Hereford railway, 2 miles SE of Longhope station, and 4 N of Newnham. Post Town, Longhope, under Newnham. Acres, 900. Real property, £1,656. Pop., 282. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, not reported.* Patron, H. Crawshay, Esq. The church is early English. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Blaisdon, a parish in the hund. and union of Westbury, county of Gloucester; 4 miles north of Newnham. Living, a discharged rectory in the archd. of Gloucester and dio. of Gloucester and Bristol; valued at £5 7s. 3½d. Patroness, in 1835, Mrs. Anna Gordon. Pop., in 1801, 152; in 1831, 255. Houses 44. Acres 760. A. P. £1,139. Poor rates, in 1837, £60.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Blaisdon, 4 m. S.E. Mitchel-Dean. P. 264
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Blaisdon (St. Michael), a parish, in the union and hundred of Westbury, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 9 miles (W.) from Gloucester; containing 264 inhabitants. The village was considerably reduced by fire in 1699, which event is recorded on a tablet in the church, stating that the damage was estimated at £4210. 18. 9. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king’s books at £5. 7. 3½., and in the patronage of the family of Gordon.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848