Bishop's Wood

Bishop’s Wood, Gloucestershire Family History

Bishop’s Wood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Gloucestershire, Ceated in 1845 from Walford Ancient Parish (Herefordshire) and Ruardean Ecclesiastical Parish.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1841

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Bishop’s Wood

  • Ruardean
  • Welsh Bicknor
  • Bishop’s Wood

Historical Descriptions

Administration

  • County: Gloucestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Ross
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Hereford
  • Rural Deanery: Ross
  • Poor Law Union: Ross
  • Hundred: St Briavels
  • Province: Canterbury