Wadborough Littleburys Worcester Directory 1905


Distances – 5½ miles by rail & 6 by road S.E. of Worcester, & 4 N.W. of Pershore.

Postal Information – Post Office; Thomas Corbett, Sub-postmaster. Letters arrive by mail-cart from Worcester at 5.45 a.m.; the delivery commences at 6 a.m.; despatched at 7.10 p.m. on week-days and Sundays. There is no delivery of letters on Sundays, but callers can have them from 8 a.m. till 10 a.m. Stoulton is the nearest telegraph office, and Kempsey is the nearest money order office. Post town, Worcester. Postal orders issued and paid here.

The Letter-box in wall of Primitive Methodist Chapel is cleared at 6.40 p.m. on week-days only.

Primitive Methodist Chapel (erected 1880) – Ministers various.

Railway Station (Midland Railway) – Thomas Edgar Brown, Station Master.

Residents

Allard George, farmer, Crab common

Brown Thos. Edgar, sta. master, Raily.sta.

Corbett Thomas, sub-postmaster

Davis William, fruit grower, Village; and miller, Caldewell mill, near Pershore

Dowler Harry, Masons’ Arms Inn

Glover G., farm bailiff

Jelf William, carpenter

Jones Mrs. Ann, farmer, The Hermitage (partly in Pirton)

Moss – , farmer, Abbot’s wood

Munslow Frederick, blacksmith

Procter Wm., farmer and market gardener res., Windmill hill, Stoulton

Smith William, farmer, Narrow Wood farm

Somer John, farmer, Holy Cross

Whitaker Chas. Hunt, J.P., Caldewell

Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.