Distances – 6 ¼ miles E of Worcester, and 7½ SE of Droitwich.
Population – In 1901, 300. Acreage, 1661.
Postal Information – Post and Telegraph Office, John Boucher, Sub-Postmaster. Letters arrive by mail-cart from Worcester at 5.20 a.m.; the delivery Commences at 6 a.m.; despatched at 7.25 p.m. on week-days, and 10. 50 a.m. on Sundays. Telegrams may be sent from 8 am. till 8 p.m. on week-days, and from 8 a.m. till 10 a.m. on Sundays. Money order and savings bank business transacted from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The Wall Letter-box at Cowsdon is cleared at 6.45 p.m. on week-days only.
Parish Church (St. Kenelm’s) – Rev. William James Holden, M.A., Vicar; Messrs. Herbert Tovey and Thos. Warner, Churchwardens; George Handy, Parish Clerk.
Assistant Overseer – Thomas Warner.
Atkins Wm. (Exors. of), farmer, Frog hall
Bomford Mrs. Mary Ann, frmr., Cowsdon hall
Boucher John, general wheelwright and sub-postmaster, Post Office
Bullock Henry, farmer, The Elms farm
Fox Herbert, haulier
Fox William, shopkeeper, Cowsdon
Griffin Wm., bailiff to Richard Hughes
Handy George, blacksmith and parish clerk
Hodges J. A., brewer & beer rtlr. (Royal Oak)
Holden Rev. William James, M.A., (vicar), The Vicarage
Hughes John, farmer, The Court; and at Broughton Hackett
Hughes The Misses, Holyoak farm
Hughes Richard, farmer, Holyoake farm; res., Broom, near Alcester
Hughes Miss Rebecca, farmer, Cowsdon
Jones Walter, cooper
Tandy Henry Mason, carrier, The village farm
Tarran Charles, fruiterer
Tovey Herbert, The Cottage
Warner Thomas, Red Lion Inn & Coventry Arm Inn, farmer, and rate collector
Young Henry, farmer, Bank farm, Cowsdon
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.