Tibberton Worcestershire Billings Directory 1855



Tibberton is a small but somewhat scattered parish, situated about 4 miles N.E. of Worcester, the Birmingham and Gloucester Railway passing through it, and contained a population of 329 inhabitants in 1851.

The Church, dedicated to St. Peter ad Vincula, was appropriated to the Prior and Convent of Worcester in the year 1314. the living is subject to the jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter. Tibberton and Bredicot, being both of small income, have recently been united into one living, by an act of parliament for increasing small and dividing large livings. Rev. Philip S. Ashworth, Rector. There is no appointed Clerk at the time we write. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately with Bredicot.

DIRECTORY

Adams Henry, wheelwright

Baylis Elizabeth, farmer, Rectory Farm

Boulter John, farmer, Eves Lench

Burford James, carpenter and shopkeeper

Chambers James, beer retailer and shopkeeper, Bridge Inn

Cole Samuel, butcher

Curnock Sarah, victualler, The Plough

Feather stone Joseph, farmer, The Old House; also of Bredicot and the Ivy House

Hartwright John, farmer, Ravenshill

Hughes William, farmer, Gordon’s Farm

Matthews Edward, farmer

Munslow George, blacksmith

Packwood Thomas, farmer, Moor End

Paddock Thomas, mason and shopkeeper

Parkes John, farmer, Court End

Smith James, mason

Tandy Thomas, beer retailer and shopkeeper, Navigation Inn

Turner Henry, shoe maker

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.